OWL (Our Whole Lives) is a comprehensive sexual education program that spans all ages and equips participants with accurate, age-appropriate information.
Facilitators- All OWL facilitators are comprehensively trained through the UUA (Unitarian Universalist Association) to provide interactive workshops and lessons to engage participants. Contact Nicole McCabe at email@example.com if you’re interested in becoming a facilitator.
- Nicole McCabe (she, her) is the DRE (Director of Religious Exploration) at UUCTC. She is certified to teach K through high school OWL.
- Amber Gibson (they, them) is certified to teach K through high school OWL.
- Amy Bolman-French (she, her) is certified to teach middle school through adult OWL.
- Barny Dunning (he, him) is certified to teach middle and high school OWL.
- Kat Braz (she, her) is certified to teach middle and high school OWL.
- Eric Thiel (he, him) is certified to teach middle school through adult OWL.
- Amie Mullikin (she, her) is certified to teach K through 2nd grade OWL.
Schedule- Please know that the schedule is subject to change due to facilitator availability and participant interest.
- SAVE THE DATE- May 6th K, 1, 2 OWL workshop for families and children!!!
- Grades K, 1, 2 Spring 2023 facilitated by Nicole McCabe and Amber Gibson- This program supports parents in educating children about birth, babies, bodies, and families.
- Grades 4, 5 Fall 2023 facilitated by Nicole McCabe, Amber Gibson, and Amy Bolman-French- This program focuses on learning about and discussing the physical and emotional changes of puberty.
- Grades 7, 8, 9, middle school Spring 2024 facilitated by Barny Dunning and Kat Braz- This program models and teaches caring compassion, respect, and justice. It is a holistic program that moves beyond the intellect to address the attitudes, values, and feelings that youth have about themselves and the world.
- Grades 10, 11, 12, high school Fall 2024 facilitated by Eric Thiel and Amy Bolman-French- This program uses a comprehensive approach to help senior-high youth gain the knowledge, life principles, and skills they need to express their sexuality in life-enhancing ways.
- Adult Spring 2025 facilitated by Eric Thiel and Amy Bolman-French- This program uses values, communication skills, and spirituality as starting points, to help adults of all ages explore sexuality issues. It builds understanding of healthy sexual relationships, affirms diversity, and helps participants accept and affirm their own sexuality throughout their lives.
Registration Link https://forms.gle/oomEGFPqusZ9BW1z8
Donate: We accept checks made out to UUCTC with OWL in the subject line and/or cash to continue to be able to provide OWL workshops, purchase materials, and pay for facilitator trainings. $50 suggested donation per OWL program per participant. Scholarships available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.